My advice is don't believe everything you hear right from the start. Check it out first and you decide if the rumor or myth or whatever you've heard is or not pure fiction.
The following myths are kinda funny and ridiculous so ... enjoy :)
1) Myth: There is a Cure for Cancer, but Drug Companies Wouldn't Make Money.Truth: If this was true, how come the family members of these drug company employees are still suffering from cancer? The likelihood of there being a general cure for all cancers is not realistic because they are caused by different factors. It is estimated that almost 30% of Americans believe this myth.
2) Myth: Wearing Deodorant Can Cause Breast Cancer.
3) Myth: Men Don't Get Breast Cancer.
4) Myth: Piercing Your Nipples May Causes Breast Cancer in Men and Women
5) Myth: Fellatio Greatly Reduces a Woman's Risk Factor for Breast Cancer
The truth is that there is no evidence that performing fellatio will reduce your risk of cancer.
6) Myth: Designer Lipsticks Contain Lead that Cause Cancer.
7) Myth: Forwarding Emails to Friends Will Donate Money to Cancer Charities.
Source : about.com